We are seeking applications for an Exercise Physiologist to join our Primary Care team at Grampians Health – Stawell
Exercise Physiologist – Grade 1 or 2
Fixed Term Full Time – 12 month contract (Maternity Leave Cover)
Looking for that lifestyle change or something a little different? Stawell, the gateway to the Grampians showcases the exceptional natural environment, an enviable climate and a choice of lifestyle such as bush walking, rock climbing, cycling, fresh air in the great outdoors, local wineries and a great local community.
Stawell Regional Health (SRH) – proudly part of Grampians Health has been providing quality health care to families in the Stawell District and beyond for more than 150 years. Stawell Regional Health is a fully accredited 70 bed health service located in the City of Stawell (population 7,000), in Western Victoria delivering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, aged care and services.
This is a great opportunity to balance your career and lifestyle. Follow this link to discover what the region has to offer.
The successful applicant will be part of a growing Primary Care department with an extensive multi-disciplinary team. This opportunity will suit early career or experienced Exercise Physiologist.
Stawell Regional Health (SRH) part of Grampians Health is a major health provider in the Grampians region with an extensive range of services including acute, sub-acute, community and aged care.
SRH also has a state-of-the-art rehabilitation gymnasium to help clients reach their goals
We are seeking an exciting and varied position for a suitably qualified Grade 1 or 2 Exercise Physiologist. The successful applicant will be part of a dynamic department made up of an existing Grade 1 Exercise Physiologists and over twenty other Allied Health professionals.
We can offer you a varied workload that could include:
- Outpatient Exercise Physiology – musculoskeletal, cardio metabolic, neurological, oncology and other clinical populations
- Subacute- Transitional Care Program
- Exercise Physiology Gym Groups including our over 65’s gym groups
- Oncology Rehabilitation Programs
- The opportunity for facilitating multi-disciplinary programs such as Better Balance and Hydrotherapy
- The opportunity to develop areas of special interest and work closely with other Allied Health disciplines including Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Diabetes Education and more
- The opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic and supportive multidisciplinary team close to the Grampians National Park and renowned wine region
- Flexible work case load with support to develop areas of interest
- Opportunities for further professional development with hospital financial support, access to regional grant money and career development pathways
- Regional recent graduate program (if applicable)
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits
- Accommodation available through the transition period
- Great community and sporting life
To be successful for this role you will:
- Model excellent professional behavior, communication and team collaboration skills
- Demonstrate self-reflective practice and a willingness to learn and grow
- Uphold the values endorsed by SRH
- Have an ability to balance a clinical case load with other non-clinical tasks
- Be able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
Applying for the role:
- Enquiries can be made to Lizz Antony – Primary Care Team Leader on (03) 5358 8531
- Online applications are preferred via the website link
- In order to be considered for this position you will be required to attach a current resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria
Applications Close 5th July 2022
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Visit us at www.srh.org.au
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check, Working With Children Check & Immunisation Clearance.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for healthcare workers in Victoria, and as such, all employees at Grampians Health. All employees must be willing able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependant.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual (or allies) LGBTQIA+