Practice Nurse – Tristar Medical Group – Horsham
About the Company
Tristar Medical Group provides bulk billed or affordable medical services to people living in remote and rural areas with 30 clinics across Australia including allied health services, mental health services, physiotherapy, chronic disease management, pathology, and more.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN Div. 1) to join our team at Horsham, VIC to provide an exceptional standard of care to our clients by ensuring the efficient, effective, safe, and timely provision of quality nursing care. This will result from the Practice Nurse exercising a significant level of initiative in the direct coordination, implementation, and evaluation of care with appropriate outcomes. This applies to practice-based or offsite nursing environments such as outreach clinics, home, and community nursing.
- Perform clinical duties within required level of clinical competency.
- Patient Services and advocacy
- Maintenance of Equipment and Supplies
- Compliance with legislation and accreditation standards.
- Clinical data management
- Facilitating effective communication between patients and health care providers.
- Triage, client assessment and care planning.
- Monitoring and maintaining cold chain procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of working with clients to achieve social, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
- Provide health screenings and assessments.
- Maintain registers for chronic disease.
- Assist GP with procedures as required.
- Immunisations and recalls.
- Participation in accreditation process and development of policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Registered Nurse with current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- At least 2 years’ full time equivalent as a Registered Nurse in an Acute, Community Care and/or General Practice setting.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of working with patients to achieve social, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
- Ability to analyse and utilise clinical data in service development and quality improvement initiatives.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills so can work effectively in a team or independently.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills demonstrated by the ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
- Possess high level of problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions as per standard operating procedures and know when to escalate issues to line manager.
- Maturity and able to maintain the strictest confidentiality as well as use initiative with discretion.
- Employment is subject to the incumbent providing the employer with a current National Police Check
- Work in a role where you get to meet and care for a diverse range of people
- Improve the health of people living in the community.
- Professional development assistance program.
Salary range will be from $52,000 – $75,000 per year based on qualifications, skills and experience.
How to Apply
Click APPLY along with a cover letter detailing why you would like to apply for the position, what skills you have that would make you suitable for the role, and any relevant qualifications.
Applications close Friday 21st January, 2022.
Tristar Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Tristar is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Tristar are based on business needs, job requirements and job qualifications. Tristar will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,960.00 – $100,532.00 per year
- General practice: 1 year (Preferred)