ENGLISH TEACHER Commencing Term 1, 2022
Join a team of specialist teachers, within a learning culture and make a life style choice.
The Hamilton and Alexandra College is a leading regional, independent, co-educational, day and boarding school from Early Learning to Year 12. The College has a strong academic program within a broad and balanced curriculum.
A full-time English teaching position is available, commencing at the start of the 2022 school year.
The College has a future focused academic program within a broad and balanced curriculum. In 2022, the school will be celebrating 150 years of providing quality independent education. College is proud of its rich history of strong academic accomplishment matched with connectedness in life.
The successful applicant will be expected to teach at a range of year levels and will be:
- A committed and enthusiastic English teacher who possesses specialist knowledge and a willingness to work closely with colleagues and students to achieve their personal best outcomes.
- Able to teach English at a range of year levels from Year 7 onwards. VCE Unit 3-4 classes may be offered to successful candidates. The nature of the candidates’ skills will determine exact areas or levels of teaching in the Senior School.
- Aware of modern trends in education and willing to utilise technology in their teaching.
- Aware of developments with the Victorian version of the National Curriculum.
- Keen to enthuse their students and to create in them a love of learning.
- Fully qualified and registered to teach in a Victorian School. The person must have VIT teacher registration or interstate equivalent. A full and up to date police check is required for all candidates.
- Available for commencement of full duties at the beginning of the 2022 school year.
Experience in teaching English as an Additional Language (EAL), or willing to expand into this field of teaching, could be an advantage.
A staff mentor is provided to all newly appointed teachers at the College. Leadership and coaching opportunities exist for qualified applicants.
All staff at The Hamilton and Alexandra College are expected to be a Mentor in the College’s student wellbeing program and to be involved the school’s co-curricular program.
Applications must include curriculum vitae and contact details of three professional referees.
Address applications to: Principal, Dr Andrew Hirst
Email: [email protected].edu.au
Due date: Friday 14 January, 2022
For more information about The Hamilton and Alexandra College: www.hamiltoncollege.vic.edu.au