Permanent Full Time
Band 3 – $62,258 – $66,629 per year excluding super
Council is seeking a suitably qualified, outcome and customer focused, enthusiastic team player to join our Parks and Gardens Department, as a full time Gardener.
This role will assist in the efficient operation of the Parks and Gardens Department, in particular the maintenance of streets, gardens and other Council facilities in an environmentally safe, tidy and aesthetically pleasing condition.
To be successful in the role you must have:
• Qualifications and/or practical experience in gardening
• Experience in the operation of minor plant
• A demonstrated understanding and appreciation of Occupational Health and Safety in the workplace
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to members of the public and co-workers
• The ability to work as part of a team
Benefits of working at Council:
- We encourage personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance
- We embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe work environment
- We offer flexible work arrangements
- We offer a 9 day fortnight
Working at Southern Grampians Shire Council provides great work life balance, competitive remuneration, salary sacrifice, access to health and wellbeing programs, and access to further training and development opportunities. We are a child safe organisation.
Further information for this role can be obtained by contacting Jason Mulley, Parks and Gardens Coordinator, via phone on: 0417 301 706
Full details of this position are in the position description attached here.
How to apply: Follow the application process below.
Applications close 9am Friday 16 June 2023.