Occasional Care Service Educators
Casual and/or Permanent Part-time
Band 3 – $31.51-$33.72 per hour excluding superannuation and casual loading
Southern Grampians Shire Council are currently seeking Occasional Care Service Educators on either a permanent part-time or casual basis. You will be located at Hamilton Indoor Leisure and Aquatic Centre.
Job share arrangements may be considered. Scholarships available to successful applicants who are willing to work towards a qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care.
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive team of passionate early childhood educators to work with
- Shorter working days to allow for increased life-work balance (8:30am to 12:30pm and 8:30am to 1:00pm shifts available)
- Early Childhood Education and Care Scholarships
- Opportunity to expand knowledge and skills with ongoing professional development, including paid subscription to the Early Childhood Australia Learning Hub
To succeed in this role, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated passion and experience working with children and families
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly and collaboratively with other staff
- Ability to manage risks and identify health and safety issues pertaining to the workplace
- Strong commitment to child safety and the child safe standards
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Qualifications relevant to the position: – Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (desirable) OR be willing to work towards qualification. – Satisfactory Criminal History Check no more than 6 months old and valid Working With Children Check – Current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
Benefits of working at Council:
- We encourage personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance
- We embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe work environment
- We offer flexible work arrangements
Working at Southern Grampians Shire Council provides great work life balance, competitive remuneration, salary sacrifice, access to health and wellbeing programs, and access to further training and development opportunities. We are a child safe organisation.
Further information for this role can be obtained by contacting Kim Ayling, Childrens Services Team Leader, via phone on 0418527136
Full details of this position are in the position description attached here.
How to apply: Follow the application process below.
Applications close 9am Friday 25 August 2023.