Plant Operator – West Sector
Permanent Full Time
The Works Department is searching for a Plant Operator to be based at the Balmoral Depot.
This position assists in the operations of the Works unit through the efficient use of Council plant and equipment in the maintenance and construction of roads and streets.
To be successful in this role:
– Previous experience operating heavy plant is essential (licences are an advantage)
– Experience in road maintenance will be highly regarded
– Be able to work as part of a team
– Have a strong awareness of Occupational Health & Safety principles and work practices
Benefits of working at Council:
- We encourage personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance
- We embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe work environment
- We offer flexible work arrangements
- We offer a 9-day fortnight
Working at Southern Grampians Shire Council provides great work life balance, competitive remuneration, salary sacrifice, access to health and well being programs, and access to further training and development opportunities. We are a child safe organisation.
COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all Local Government employees.
Further information for this role can be obtained by contacting Brett Holmes, Manager Works, via phone on: 0428 533 797
Full details of this position are in the position description attached here.
How to apply: Follow the application process below.
Applications close 9am Friday 30 September 2022.