This position provides assistance in Health Information Services to perform duties of a clerical nature which will include (but not limited to) medical record administration and file scanning and maintenance.
Responsibilities and Major Activities
- Attend to Health Information administration activities such as scanning documents, filing, photocopying and maintaining medical records.
- Process FOI, Coroners Cases, Police and other requests for information including photocopying, invoicing, typing letters, maintaining spreadsheets under supervision from the HIM / Privacy Officer.
- Cull medical records annually to secondary storage areas, archive deceased records and maintain filing bays.
- Assist HIM with the daily management of BOSSnet including but not limited to managing daily result exception reports, testing new MR forms, reviewing document tweaks, reporting unassigned documents and completing scanning audits.
- Maintain stores and supplies within Health Information Services.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement activities.
- Provide high level administrative support to the Health Information Services and East Grampians Health Service.
- Ensure that information is effectively communicated within the department, to other East Grampians Health Service Departments and external providers.
- Assist the Health Information Manager with any other duties as required.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Flexible and adaptable to the jobs needs
- Team orientated and proven ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to learn new PC based software packages
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Must comply to having or completion of:
- National Police Check (renewed every 3 years)
- Working with Children Check (renewed every 5 years)
- Annual vaccinations
- Formal qualification in office management or working towards same.
- Experience in customer service and administration, preferable within a health service environment.
- Understanding of FOI and Privacy policies and procedures.
- Experience with using iPM and BOSSnet.
- Medical terminology training
For further information, please contact Andrea Cardinaels, Manager Health Information Services on (03) 5352 9375.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and current satisfactory Police and Working With Children Checks.
The Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Position Description’ below.
To apply please select ‘Apply for this position online’ and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by close of business Thursday 9th December 2021.
East Grampians Health Service is an equal opportunity employer.