East Grampians Health Service is based in Ararat and Willaura (Regional Victoria) and takes its name from the magnificent mountain range that provides a backdrop to both townships. We are committed to providing quality care and services that meet the needs of the community, whilst continuously striving for improvement and aiming to lead the way in provision of health related services:
The Health Information department at EGHS is located at the main site in Ararat. It aims to manage the health information of our patients and assist in providing mandatory reports to the Department of Health and Human Services. Our health information department works diligently to keep its records current to better inform quality improvement initiatives within the organisation.
What we Offer
About the Role
- Attend to Health Information administration activities such as scanning documents, filing, photocopying and maintaining medical records (paper and electronic)
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement activities
- Provide high level administrative support to the Health Information Services and East Grampians Health Service
- Ensure that information is effectively communicated within the department, to other East Grampians Health Service Departments and external providers
- Assist the Health Information Manager with any other duties as required
- Be team oriented and able to work alone
- Have strong administrative and organisational skills
- Be flexible to the jobs needs
- Be willing to pick up additional shifts as required
- Have an adaptable approach and an eye for detail
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to learn PC based software packages
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Appointment is subject to Immunisation clearance (Including COVID-19), current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks).
For additional information or to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Andrea Cardinaels, Manager Health Information Services at on (03) 5352 9375.
To apply please select ‘Apply Online’ below and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria as outlined in the job description, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by close of business 6 August 2023.
East Grampians Health Service is an equal opportunity employer.