East Grampians Health Service is based in Ararat and Willaura (Regional Victoria) and takes its name from the magnificent mountain range that provides a backdrop to both townships. We are committed to providing quality care and services that meet the needs of the community, whilst continuously striving for improvement and aiming to lead the way in provision of health related services:
East Grampians Health Services success is underpinned by the work of our support services based across both Ararat and Willaura campuses. These include kitchen and food services, cleaning, supply, building and environmental maintenance. Additionally, EGHS operates and maintains its own café (Café Pyrenees) available to all staff, patients, visitors and the wider community. Each of these program areas are vital to ensuring the safe, efficient and welcoming environment of EGHS.
What we Offer
About the Role
Duties involved for this position include:
- Kitchen work, food handling, general cleaning, kitchen cleaning – cleanup of dishes, delivery of meals to patients / residents
- To provide and maintain a high quality standard of cleanliness within all areas of the Health Service
- Ensure that all residents, clients, visitors and staff are treated with respect, dignity and courtesy in an environment that is free from harassment and discrimination
- Maintain a clean, hygienic and safe environment under the Victorian Health facilities cleaning standards
- Perform all delegated duties in a timely and efficient manner
- Participate in the food service to residents and the removal of meal trays / food after completion
- Responsible for appropriately documenting activities
- A food handling certificate would be advantageous.
We are seeking applicants who:
- Strong work ethic
- Team orientated, flexible to job needs
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Be friendly and have a great manner with residents
- Respect patient privacy and confidentiality
- Food handling certificate
There will be provision for extra shifts to cover Annual Leave / Sick Leave.
Appointment is subject to immunisation clearance (Including COVID-19) and current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks).
For more information please contact Ann Grierson, Manager Support Services on (03) 53 52 9355
The Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Position Description’ below.
To apply please select ‘Apply online’ and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by close of business Sunday 25 February, 2024.
East Grampians Health Service is an equal opportunity employer.