The successful applicant will be responsible for the After Hours Coordination of the East Grampians Health Service in Ararat.
This role requires the successful applicant to
- provide clinical nursing to all areas of EGHS including Urgent Care Department
- coordinate and manage all staff after hours including support services staff ensuring safety and security of the patient/residents/staff/visitors, premises
- make operational decisions for East Grampians Health Service sites after hours and
- be the key contact for Fire and Emergency and Business Continuity plans.
Other key responsibilities for this role include
- Supervises the nursing and support services staff to ensure sufficient and competent levels of patient/resident care are maintained within the resource base allocated.
- Knowledge of the EGHS Emergency Management Plan and is able to respond to all emergencies accordingly as Chief Warden of the site (after hours).
- Maintains continuity of effective management, co-ordination of the resources in both Acute and Aged Care Residential facilities ‘after hours’, actively managing demand and resolving short term issues as they arise, in consultation with appropriate personnel from the affected area.
Applicants must have recent clinical experience relevant to an acute role, demonstrate a sound level of nursing skills and be willing to contribute and practice collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Successful applicants will be required to be AHPRA registered, hold relevant qualifications and complete Employment and Immunisation Checks.
Enquiries to Tracey Walters, Manager Acute Services on (03) 5352 9434.
The Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Position Description’ below
To apply please select ‘Apply for this position online’ below and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by close of business Sunday 23rd January 2022.
East Grampians Health Service is an Equal Opportunity employer.