The COVID Medical Lead will provide medical support to the COVID Positive Pathways Program within the COVID Monitoring Hub; East Grampians Health Service, East Wimmera Health Service, Maryborough District Health Service and Beaufort & Skipton Health Service. This role requires advanced clinical skills, management and leadership skill and ability to work and collaborate at a high level.
Previous experience and knowledge of the COVID Monitoring program is desirable as is Fellowship of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, or another specialist qualification reflecting capacity to provide expert broad clinical care to a person of any age, life-stage or with any co-morbidity.
Demonstrated track record of effective communication, including in crisis situations, with an ability to both address difficult and sensitive topics
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide medical assessment, monitoring and management of people diagnosed with COVID-19 across the COVID positive care pathways in the coalition via a virtual and/or onsite model.
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team and key stakeholders to facilitate and foster the provision of best practice standards of COVID specific medical care and service delivery that meets the needs of patients, their families and carers
- Provide clinical oversight of the EGHS COVID positive pathways program
- Provide clinical expertise and demonstrated knowledge of patient eligibility for early therapies according to medication guidelines and pathways and facilitate medication accessibility.
- When requested provide advice to local health services and/or local general practices in relation to COVID clinical care of cases including advice on early therapies pathways and prescribing.
For further information about this role the Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Download Position Description’ below.
For further information contact Rebecca Peters, Deputy Director of Clinical Services on (03) 5352 9325.
Appointment is subject to Eligibility to Work in Australia, mandatory Immunisation clearance, and current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks).
To apply select ‘Apply for this position’ below and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach a resume including two business referees by close of business on Friday 10th June 2022.
East Grampians Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.