The role of the COVID Monitoring Nurse is to provide a monitoring service for people in the community with COVID-19. Working closely with the EGHS Community Nursing team, the COVID Monitor Nurse conducts phone calls, assessments and provides care as per the East Grampians Health Service model of the Department of Health Positive Pathways Program.
The EGHS COVID Monitor Nurse works in collaboration with the health services in the established Hub and their COVID monitoring teams, East Grampians Health Service, East Wimmera Health Service, Maryborough District Health Service and Beaufort & Skipton Health Service.
This role requires advanced clinical skills and experience (either as a Registered Nurse or Enrolled nurse).
Previous experience and knowledge of the COVID Monitoring program is desirable.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides COVID monitoring support across COVID care positive pathways at EGHS and in the coalition
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team and key stakeholders to facilitate and foster the provision of best practice standards of nursing care and service delivery that meet the needs of patients, their families and carers
- Utilises best communication to provide telephone and telehealth nursing support to COVID positive patients on a COVID positive pathway using best practice standards.
- Escalates appropriately any signs of clinical deterioration requiring additional assessment or medical intervention.
- Accurately provides provisional assessment for eligibility or suitability for early therapies according to PBS guidelines and refers on appropriately for further assessment and access.
For further information about this role the Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Download Position Description’ below.
For further information contact Rebecca Peters, Deputy Director of Clinical Services on (03) 5352 9325.
Appointment is subject to Eligibility to Work in Australia, mandatory Immunisation clearance, and current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks).
To apply select ‘Apply for this position’ below and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach a resume including two business referees by close of business on Friday 10th June 2022.
East Grampians Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.