You will assist clients to maintain their independence and provide ongoing domestic, personal and social support to people living in the community. In addition, you will support carers of people who are frail aged including people with dementia and people with a disability or mental health condition.
The role will incorporate travel to clients’ homes and various locations within the region involving but not limited to:
- Personal care, showering, dressing and cooking
- Assist with medications
- Domestic services; cleaning, grocery shopping and socialising
- Escort to medical appointments
Our ideal candidates will:
- be caring and compassionate nature
- have a high level of attention to detail
- be committed to confidentiality and have a high level of integrity
- hold a Certificate III in Aged Care/Home and Community Care
- have a current First Aid Certificate and
- a current and valid Driver’s licence
Appointment is subject to immunisation clearance (Including COVID-19) and current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks)
For further information please contact Kate Pitcher, Manager Community Nursing on (03) 5352 9560.
The Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Position Description’ below.
To apply please select ‘Apply for this position online’ and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by close of business Friday 9 September 2022.
East Grampians Health Service is an equal opportunity employer.