In this role you will coordinate, design, implement and evaluate health and leisure activities and programs for residents within 70 Lowe Street and assist residents in maintaining connectedness with their friends, family and community.
Candidates will possess excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills including a strong ability to manage your own workload. They will also have the ability to work independently and as part of team, be innovative and liaise across the full spectrum of health and welfare services, relating positively to a wide range of people.
Key responsibilities include:
- To champion and lead by example the Montessori Model of Aged Care Work when planning and running resident activities
- To assist residents to maintain and improve upon capabilities.
- To assist residents’ lifestyle choice wherever possible by providing guidance and support in accordance with the Montessori Improved Living in Aged Care philosophy.
- To provide emotional support to residents and to always respect their cultural and spiritual backgrounds and choices.
- To always, respect the privacy and dignity of residents.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in achieving best outcomes for residents’ care & wellbeing.
- To assist residents in maintaining connectedness with their friends, family and community.
- Coordinate and work with the volunteer workforce
- Accept responsibility for day to day management of workload
- Complete relevant and timely resident documentation
Applicants should have qualifications in Leisure and Lifestyle (Certificate IV) or an intertest in working towards completion of.
Experience in this field working in an aged care facility is an advantage.
For enquiries call Wendy Dumnesy, Resident Support Coordinator on (03) 5352 9569.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance, current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks)
The Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Position Description’ below.
To apply please select ‘Apply for this position online’ and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by close of business Friday 24th December 2021.