The Patient Services Assistant is an integral and valued member of the wider support services team. This role delivers services in Acute settings across the areas of; customer service, cleaning, food service and contributes to a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients, visitors and staff.
We are seeking applicants who:
- Strong work ethic
- Team orientated
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexible to job needs
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Be friendly and have a great manner with all customers
- Respect patient privacy and confidentiality
- Understand infection control principles
Duties involved for this position include:
- To provide and maintain a high quality standard of cleanliness within an Acute setting – Theatre
- Ensure that all patients, clients, visitors and staff are treated with respect, dignity and courtesy in an environment that is free from harassment and discrimination
- Maintain a clean, hygienic and safe environment under the Victorian Health facilities cleaning standards
- Perform all delegated duties in a timely and efficient manner
- Participate in the food service to patients and the removal of meal trays / food after completion
- Ensuring that medical equipment is cleaned and in good condition
- Participate in the cleaning of clinical areas
- Responsible for appropriately documenting activities
- Follow infectious control guidelines
There will be provision for extra shifts to cover Annual Leave / Sick Leave.
For further information contact Ann Grierson, Manager Support Services on (03) 5352 9355.
Appointment is subject to Immunisation clearance (Including COVID-19), current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks)
The Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Position Description’ below.
To apply please select ‘Apply for this position online’ below and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by close of business Friday 3rd June 2022.