East Grampians Health Service is based in Ararat and Willaura (Regional Victoria) and takes its name from the magnificent mountain range that provides a backdrop to both townships. We are committed to providing quality care and services that meet the needs of the community, whilst continuously striving for improvement and aiming to lead the way in provision of health related services.
East Grampians Health Service has a 29-bed inpatient unit offering a wide range of clinical services located at the main Ararat campus. The inpatient unit accommodates medical, surgical, paediatric, perioperative, midwifery and palliative care patients. Developing health service partnerships, EGHS aims to service the health care needs of patients within the community as well as neighbouring towns. EGHS offers a 24-hour urgent care centre which is supported by our local GP clinic. Other acute services provided include an on-site pathology laboratory and medical imaging services.
What we Offer
About the Role
The Ward Clerk will perform duties of a clerical nature to assist in the efficient functioning of Acute Services including liaising with patients, visitors and medical staff. Duties involved in this position are general administrative tasks including but not exclusive to:
- Reception duties to internal and external customers
- Answer phone and direct calls as required
- Assist in the management of patient files and liaising with Health Information Services
- Verify personal information of patients
- Attend and minute meetings as required
- Send letters/information as directed
- Maintain office Policy and Procedure manuals ensuring new information is communicated to all staff in a timely manner
- Coordinate admissions and discharge paperwork
- Liaise with other departments and schedule appointments as required
- Collect and deliver mail to and from mail area
- mature attitude, flexible approach, eye for detail, excellent IT skills, customer focus
- excellent communication and time management skills
- familiarity with medical terminology in an administration or clinical position is an advantage
- reliability and flexibility to work shifts in a 7 day a week roster is a key part of this role (including early (7:00 to 15:30) and late (11:30 to 20:00) shifts and one weekend per month – early shift.
Appointment is subject to immunisation clearance (Including COVID-19) and current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks).
For more information please contact Kate Pitcher – Manager Inpatient Unit and Oncology on (03) 5352-9328.
The Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Position Description’ below.
To apply please select ‘Apply online’ and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by 26 November 2023.
East Grampians Health Service is an equal opportunity employer.