East Grampians Health Service is based in Ararat and Willaura (Regional Victoria) and takes its name from the magnificent mountain range that provides a backdrop to both townships. We are committed to providing quality care and services that meet the needs of the community, whilst continuously striving for improvement and aiming to lead the way in provision of health related services.
Willaura Health Care and Parkland House Hostel are part of East Grampians Health Service and are located 37 kms south of Ararat. The Health Service consists of 8 acute and 2 aged care beds. Parkland House Hostel consists of 10 aged care beds. Willaura meets the stringent health standards and is fully accredited by the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards and Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. Willaura is well supported by community health services.
What we Offer
About the Role
The Ward Clerk duties include liaising with residents, visitors and health staff. Duties involved in this position are general administrative tasks including but not exclusive to:
- Reception duties to internal and external customers/residents
- Acknowledge visitors upon their arrival into the department ensuring they comply with sign in and infection control guidelines
- Ensure that reception/office area it is maintained in a neat and tidy manner
- Assisting with the administration of staff rosters
- Manage Managers diary, scheduling and appointments
- Arrange staff meetings and record minutes, and circulation of all minutes in a timely manner to all staff
- Assist with reporting of audits and continuous improvements
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary team with regards to resident appointments
- Collecting and dispensing mail
- Answering calls and redirecting as required
- Liaise with Medical Records personnel as required
- Scanning of documents into Clinical Manager
- Ensure adequate stationary supplies for the department
- Applicants will need to have a mature attitude, flexible approach, eye for detail, excellent IT skills and customer focus.
- Familiarity with medical terminology in an administration or clinical position is an advantage.
Appointment is subject to immunisation clearance (Including COVID-19) and current and satisfactory Employment Checks (Police and Working With Children Checks).
For more information please contact Liz Atkinson, Manager Willaura HealthCare on (03) 5354-1617.
The Position Description can be viewed and downloaded by selecting ‘Position Description’ below.
To apply please select ‘Apply online’ and complete as requested.
Please ensure you address the selection criteria, attach an up to date resume including two business referees by 03 September 2023
East Grampians Health Service is an equal opportunity employer.