Position Clinical Support Nurse
Work Type Permanent Part time 48 hours per fortnight
Closing Date Friday 29 September 2023
Proposed Interview Date: Wednesday 4 October 2023
Attachments Position Description.
Enterprise Bargaining based remuneration in accordance to classification.
Salary Band YU11 (A$64,597.10 to A$102,278.80) plus 11% superannuation contribution
Join the dynamic Hamilton Base Hospital Acute Services Team!
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably dedicated and motivated Registered Nurse to work as a Clinical Support Nurse within the dynamic clinical team in the Surgical Unit.
The Clinical Support Nurse assists the Unit Manager with the effective and efficient management of the clinical services by providing clinical nurse leadership, managing and providing direction for nursing staff, and by maintaining effective coordination of care and communication between health care professionals. The role of the Clinical Support Nurse is to support staff and nurture a clinical learning environment.
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor of Nursing
- Minimum Grade 2 with 5 years experience in Acute nursing
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines (Allied Health, Medical and Community) as a liaison person
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in an every changing environment
- Critical thinking and decisive decision making
- Commitment to the WDHS Values of Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empathy and ability to exhibit behaviour which reflects our values
- Ability to work collaboratively and cohesively with colleagues, supervisors and other stakeholders
Benefits of Working with Us
- Flexible working arrangements (full and part time,contract) and option to purchase additional leave to support work/life balance.
- If needing to relocate:
- Relocation consultant support (housing,partner employment,childcare/education,social groups etc) out of region only.
- Cash payment for relocation costs (up to $1,000) and other financial support for covering relocation costs through salary packaging (out of region only)
- External professional development funding after 12 months
- Internal training and development opportunities to support professional and personal growth
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreement based remuneration
- Salary packaging including capped expenses ($9010), meals and entertainment card ($2,600),novated vehicle leasing
- Free on-site car parking
- A culture which supports staff health and wellbeing including:
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
At Western District Health Service (WDHS) we pride ourselves on our strong teamwork and our shared commitment to providing person-centred high-quality healthcare to the Southern Grampians community
Please take our virtual tour to see our great working environment Home (youtour.com.au)
The Greater Hamilton region is rich with lifestyle opportunities and facilities. Working for WDHS will enable you to pursue your profession, build your career and enjoy a great work/life balance. To find our more information about the Greater Hamilton region you can visit https://wdhs.net/v2/home/careers/community-information/
You will be working alongside experienced, passionate leadership peers who are true to our values of Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empathy.
The successful candidate must have or obtain a National Criminal Police Check. Depending on the role, a Working with Children Check Clearance, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check, and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check may also be required. All employees must comply with WDHS vaccination requirements, including COVID and Booster shots. WDHS is a smoke-free workplace.
Western District Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer that has a commitment to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Indigenous, Torres Strait Islander, their families and communities and encourages them to apply. This organisation promotes the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally, linguistically diverse and aboriginal backgrounds and those with a disability.