RUSON Acute Care
Registered Nurse Undergraduate Student of Nursing
Part Time 32 Hours per fortnight Fixed Term Part Time
For more details take a look at our Position Description.
At Western District Health Service (WDHS) we pride ourselves on our strong teamwork and our shared commitment to providing person-centred high-quality healthcare to the Southern Grampians community.
Western District Health Service is a leading and innovative sub-regional health service providing a comprehensive range of acute inpatient services, residential aged care and primary and community health services.
Hamilton, located 3.5 hours from Melbourne, and on the doorstep of the majestic Grampians National Park, is the hub of a large agricultural region and the centre of the shire for business, commerce, education, health, cultural and recreational facilities.
Enjoy the rich rural lifestyle Hamilton offers and the opportunity to have recreational adventures on the nearby coast and in the Grampians.
Learn more – Visit Hamilton
Please take our virtual tour to see our great working environment Home (youtour.com.au)
You will be working alongside experienced, passionate leadership peers who are true to our values of Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empathy.
About the role
We are looking for RUSON’s (students in year 2 and year 3 of Bachelor of Nursing- including 3rd and 4th year double degree students) to support the nursing team in the delivery of safe and quality care.
The RUSON works under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse at all times, within their level of education and assessed competencies and also under clearly defined role parameters. Applicants will be required to commit up to 0.4 EFT (32 hours per fortnight) on a roster across 7 days a week. Positions are for a fixed term with the opportunity to work varying hours to align with existing study and clinical placement commitments.
The role of the RUSON is to provide support to the nursing team in the delivery of safe and quality patient care. The RUSON is required to work under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse at all times, within their level of education and assessed competencies and under clearly defined role parameters. The main objectives of this role are:
- To participate in delegated care delivery relating to patient daily living, ensuring that the personal needs and comfort of patients is maintained.
- To assist in providing a safe patient environment and additional supervision ensuring patient/ residents safety is maintained.
- To provide general support to the Wards/Units/facilities, ensuring effective and efficient care delivery
- A unique experience of working across a wide range of general and specialty areas. These include; Emergency Department, Medical and Surgical Units plus Aged Care, and as part of COVID response teams.
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- Currently completing, second or third year of Bachelor of Nursing or second, third or fourth year of Bachelor in Nursing program. Registered as a student nurse with AHPRA with no conditions or undertakings.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting would be an advantage.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skill
- Demonstrated satisfactory academic progress in the Bachelor of Nursing (Credit or above for all subjects and competency in clinical placements preferred but not essential)
- Ability to work all shifts including AM, PM and night shifts over a 7 day roster.
What we can offer you?
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Be part of a high functioning team
- Generous Salary Packaging options
- Free car parking
**Proposed Interviews to take place as suitable applications are received.
The successful candidate must have or obtain a National Criminal Police Check. Depending on the role, a Working with Children Check Clearance, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check, and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check may also be required. All employees must comply with WDHS vaccination requirements, including COVID and Booster shots. WDHS is a smoke-free workplace.
Western District Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer that has a commitment to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Indigenous, Torres Strait Islander, their families and communities and encourages them to apply. This organisation promotes the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally, linguistically diverse and aboriginal backgrounds and those with a disability.