About the role
The Senior Clinician is responsible for assisting the Manager, Team Leader and Psychiatrist in leading and coordinating Clinicians to provide high quality treatment, care and support in the Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing Service.
Under direction they are responsible for the coordination of daily clinical practices treatment planning, allocating cases and undertaking clinical interventions in an efficient and equitable manner.
- Full-time (40 hours per week, with monthly ADO), Ongoing position
- Hamilton Campus
- $97,650 – $119,000 per annum, plus superannuation
What you bring
The successful applicant will have the ability to demonstrate excellent skills and broad experience in mental health clinical services, including a proven ability to work within a team based multi-disciplinary model.
Working as part of a collaborative and highly skilled team of professionals, excellent verbal and written communication skills are also essential. A comprehensive understanding and knowledge of legislation, regulation and contemporary practice is a must.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications, AHPRA Registration where required and/or registration with relevant board or association:
– Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a registered nurse; and
– Completion of either Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or Masters of Mental Health Nursing (or other relevant Post Graduate Course) required; or completion of a specialist undergraduate Mental Health Nursing program; and
– At least 5 years’ experience in the provision of mental health services.
– Occupational Therapy – Degree in Occupational Therapy and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency, or
– Psychology – Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Psychologist, or
– Social Work – Degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers, and
– At least 7 years’ experience in the provision of mental health services.
What we offer
You will enjoy benefits such as:
- Excellent salary packaging options including meals & entertainment, novated leasing and additional superannuation contributions;
- Regional mental health workforce incentive grant;
- Internal and external professional development opportunities;
- Ongoing clinical supervision;
- A range of internal development opportunities focusing on personal development such as resilience and mentoring workshops and comprehensive leadership programs;
- Excellent terms and conditions of employment.
Who we are
As an organisation SWH prides themselves on their values; Care, Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Leadership and their overall dedication to the local community.
SWH respects all individuals and promote equity and inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, racial, cultural and religious backgrounds and socio- economic status.
SWH is the major specialist referral centre for the Barwon South West sub-region, and provides a comprehensive range of acute, sub-acute, specialist, community, mental health and aged services.
With a population of 39,000 and a catchment of 100,000 Warrnambool is the regional centre to Victoria’s Great South Coast.
To learn about the vibrant town and region please visit: http://www.warrnambool.com/
How to apply
Submit your application by selecting the Apply Now button on this link
and include a cover letter and resume by Sunday 21 May 2023. Please ensure you address the selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
Employment Terms and Conditions will be in line with the Victorian Public Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2020-2024 or the Medical Scientists, Pharmacists and Psychologists Victorian Public Sector (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2021-2025
The successful applicant will be required to be eligible for and undergo the following:
- Police Record Check
- Employee Working with Children’s Check
- Current Immunisation status
Note: If you experience any difficulties with this website, please email: [email protected]