Luv-a-Duck is a success story from the heart of Victoria’s Wimmera region.
Founded in the 60’s on the belief that everyone should experience the delicious taste of duck, Luv-a-Duck is now Australia’s favourite and most recognised duck of choice, employing more than 250 employees nationally.
Family-owned and maintaining its entrepreneurial spirit, Luv-a-Duck is entering its next growth phase and is looking for a new Livestock Trainee to help us get there.
There are five sections in the Livestock Division; GGP farm, Developer farm, Breeder farm, Hatchery and Grower farm. As part of the traineeship program, you will be trained in each section which will include the following:
- Training to manage all aspects of each farm and hatchery.
- Complete an understanding in Flock management and production
- Manage all records which include recoding, interpretation and action from results.
- Egg washing and grading
- Incubator operations and calibrations
- Egg collection
- Farm administration and record keeping
- Farm planning and coordination
- Research and Development
- Bird weighing and feeding
- Audit on contractor farms
- Machinery operation
- Development in interpersonal skills
- Maintenance management and project coordination
- Maintaining and building a safe work environment with WHS
What We Look For
Our ideal candidate will be naturally collaborative and curious. You’ll know how to get things done, through formal and informal channels. You will also have examples of how you demonstrate accountability and delivery of results, whilst you have learned from your mistakes and seek continuous improvement for self-development and growth.
- You will have completed a Degree in Agriculture or equivalent
- Current driver’s licence as this role will require travelling between farms.
If you are interested then send through your details including a short paragraph telling us about yourself, including your achievements and your aspirations for the future.