Stawell Gold Mines is an underground gold mine located in Stawell; 236 km north-west of Melbourne. This historic region is known for its rich heritage in the exploration, discovery, and production of gold.
Stawell Gold Mines is currently has openings for Mine Controllers within its mining operations Operationally and technically minded candidates are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent the successful candidate(s) will participate in the establishment & running of Mine Control:
• Monitoring of Mine Telemetry systems and provide notification and operation
• Involvement within shift planning and prestart communication processes.
• Logistical control of underground work practices and process under the
guidance of the Mine Supervisor
• Utilisation of data management tools for effective tracking of planned works,
production, and safety processes.
• Document control, recording and validation of performance information of
daily mining operations
• Assist with efficient monitoring and execution of Mine Planning and Work
Required skills & experience.
• Strong communication & organisational skills,
• Computer systems competent.
• Have a good understand of mine plans, schedules, and priorities (desirable)
• Have a conceptual understanding of mining methods & techniques (desirable)
• Strong Safety Awareness
This residential role offers you excellent work life balance combined with a competitive hourly rate and real career growth prospect.
Please note that a medical assessment and police clearance will form part of the recruitment process.