Allied Health Assistant
Sub-Acute Non Admitted
Dependent on qualifications & experience
Fixed Term Part Time
(40 hrs per fortnight)
Parental Leave Replacement
We are seeking an Allied Health Assistant to join our dedicated Community Rehabilitation team. This temporary part time position is available from April 2022 until April 2023 and includes working between Monday to Friday. This role involves working as part of a multi disciplinary team providing assessment, education and rehab programs to our clients once they have been discharged from hospital.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Qualification as an Allied Health Assistant or similar
- Clinical knowledge relevant to rehabilitation
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Allied Health Assistant
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary health team and in collaboration with groups and individuals
- Sound self-management skills appropriate to level of responsibility/experience (i.e. organisation, planning, time management and priority setting)
- A high level of IT skills
- Current drivers licence
- Demonstrated and ongoing commitment to professional development
- Understanding of chronic disease management and client self management principles
- Skills in motivational interviewing
Attractive benefits offered by the organisation include:
- Salary packaging,
- Professional development and education programs,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Comprehensive orientation program.
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
- Flexible rostering
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free parking
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse environment and join a reputable rural health service that is now a part of Grampians Health, dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position please view the Position Description and/or contact the responsible person indicated below. Further information on Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola Campuses) can be found on our website or Facebook page.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit by the Closing Date.
Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola Campuses) is committed to equal employment opportunity and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability.
Grampians Health encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment checks: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check and Victorian Employee Working with Children check prior to commencement of employment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including immunisation clearance.
Horsham & Dimboola Campuses, proudly part of Grampians Health.
Selection Criteria Essential: A formal qualification in nursing, or a relevant allied health discipline
Contact Person Amber Louison-Suwal
Contact Number (03) 5381 9011
Alternate Contact Person Jodi Burford
Alternate Contact Number (03) 5381 9011
Closing Date 29/05/2022
Position Description Allied Health Assistant 0921.pdf