Role: Casual Educator
Centre: Goodstart Horsham
Employment Type: Casual shifts Monday to Friday between 6.00am and 6.30pm
Are you an educator who is passionate about helping children to have the best possible start in life? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities and flexibility to help you succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As a Casual Educator at Goodstart Horsham, you will be a team player, who is flexible and willing to support our centres and children when and where required. You put safety first with everything that you do and ensure all learning experiences are inclusive and respond to the needs of all children.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Actively contributing to the education program in the room and the centre team
- Engaging and supervising the children at all times
- Maintaining a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Complying with National Quality Standards and Goodstart policies and procedures
- Supporting a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continuous improvement
Why choose Goodstart?
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Better pay – you’ll get at least 3% above the award rate plus a 23% Casual Loading
- Ability to work across up to 8 of our local centres
- Supportive and friendly team with head office support and excellent resources
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Professional development opportunities
- Career pathways
- Uniform allowance
If you have hold an ACECQA approved early childhood qualification, are willing to travel between other local services and will have flexible availability between Monday-Friday, 6.00am – 6.30pm, then please apply now.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application. We review applications as they are submitted.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
Posting Notes: HORSHAM || VIC || Australia (AU) || [[j2wDept]] || || Certificate III – Children’s Services or equiv || Casual