Junior Food Services Assistant
Fixed Term Part Time
(minimum of 6 hrs per fortnight)
This exciting opportunity is aimed at school students aged between 15 and 18 to join our professional team for a 12 month period. The primary purpose of this role is to assist with general food services duties, including providing a meal and catering service to all patients, residents and clients in a friendly and pleasant manner & the preparation and delivery of meal trays and general cleaning duties. Applicants with the required availability will be prioritised as positions become available throughout the year. When applying, you will be prompted to specify your availability.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Basic knowledge of food hygiene and cleanliness standards for a Food Services environment
- Basic understanding of food and beverage operations
- Pleasant and courteous manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and organise own time in order to meet deadlines
- A willingness and ability to work positively within a team environment
- Food handling certificate
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in cleaning procedures and the use of cleaning products within a kitchen environment
Attractive benefits offered by the organisation include:
- Salary packaging,
- Professional development and education programs,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Comprehensive orientation program.
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
- Flexible rostering
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free parking
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse environment and join a reputable rural health service that is now a part of Grampians Health, dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position please view the Position Description and/or contact the responsible person indicated below. Further information on Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) can be found on our website or Facebook page.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit by the Closing Date.
Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) is committed to equal employment opportunity and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability.
Grampians Health encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment checks: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check and Victorian Employee Working with Children check prior to commencement of employment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including immunisation clearance.
Horsham & Dimboola Campuses, proudly part of Grampians Health.
Selection Criteria Essential: Are you a school student between 15 and 18 years of age?
Essential: Please advise the days you are available to work
Contact Person Stephen Hill
Contact Number (03) 5381 9238
Alternate Contact Person Karen Hollier
Alternate Contact Number (03) 5381 9466
Closing Date Open Ended
Position Description junior food services assistant 0522.pdf