Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant
Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant Grade 1 – 2 (IN31 – IN32)
Do you have the drive and energy to connect our residents through creative experiences?
Apply to be a Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant to strengthen and grow our Arts & Crafts program across our Residential Services!
We are seeking enthusiastic and creative individuals to join our dedicated team. This casual position is available for an immediate start and includes working a rotating 7 day roster with flexible working arrangements, across our three facilities, promoting a positive work life balance for our team. This position aims to support our residents as individuals, while partnering with family and the community, to provide meaningful, enjoyable experiences in line with the resident’s lifestyle preferences. The successful applicant will be involved in building connections with the residents, encouraging them to express themselves through different forms of arts & crafts.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Ability to follow and deliver a high quality weekly activity program in line with a Person Centred Care Model
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Commitment to customer service and a passion to make a difference
- Excellent verbal and written skills with competent computer skills
- Experience in delivery of individual and or group programs
- Current employee Working with Children Check and employee police check
- Influenza Vaccination Evidence
- Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Certificate IV Leisure and Lifestyle Activities
- Knowledge or experience with the Aged Care Standards
- Experience with the Aged Care iCare software program
- Music or Art Therapy Qualification and or Skills
Attractive benefits offered by the organisation include:
- Salary packaging,
- Professional development and education programs,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Comprehensive orientation program.
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
- Flexible rostering
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free parking
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse environment and join a reputable rural health service that is now a part of Grampians Health, dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position please view the Position Description and/or contact the responsible person indicated below. Further information on Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) can be found on our website or Facebook page.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit by the Closing Date.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Grampians Health encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment checks: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check and Victorian Employee Working with Children check prior to commencement of employment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including immunisation clearance.
Horsham & Dimboola Campuses, proudly part of Grampians Health.
Selection Criteria Essential: Excellent communication, organisation and computer skills
Desirable: Certificate IV Leisure and Health (or equivalent)
Desirable: Certificate III In Aged Care (or equivalent)
Contact Person Daniella Bell
Contact Number (03) 5362 3438
Contact Email [email protected]
Closing Date Open Ended
Position Description Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant 0620.docx