Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant
Instructor Qualified Year 1 – 2 (IN32 – IN33), Instructor Unqualified (IN31)
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our dedicated team to provide innovative, meaningful and creative outcomes for our residents. These casual positions are available for an immediate start and include working Monday to Friday with the possibility of some weekends. This is an opportunity to work across our Residential Services (Wimmera Nursing Home, Kurrajong Lodge & Dimboola Campus), facilitating a program to enable positive outcomes for the individual and engagement in the residential community.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Ability to follow and deliver a high quality weekly activity program in line with a Person Centred Care Model
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Commitment to customer service and a passion to make a difference
- Excellent verbal and written skills with competent computer skills
- Experience in delivery of individual and or group programs
- Current employee Working with Children Check and employee police check
- Influenza Vaccination Evidence
- Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Certificate IV Leisure and Lifestyle Activities
- Knowledge or experience with the Aged Care Standards
- Experience with the Aged Care iCare software program
- Music or Art Therapy Qualification and or Skills
Attractive benefits offered by the organisation include:
- Salary packaging,
- Professional development and education programs,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Comprehensive orientation program.
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
- Flexible rostering
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free parking
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse environment and join a reputable rural health service that is now a part of Grampians Health, dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position please view the Position Description and/or contact the responsible person indicated below. Further information on Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) can be found on our website or Facebook page.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit by the Closing Date.
Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) is committed to equal employment opportunity and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability.
Grampians Health encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment checks: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check and Victorian Employee Working with Children check prior to commencement of employment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including immunisation clearance.
Horsham & Dimboola Campuses, proudly part of Grampians Health.
Selection Criteria Essential: Excellent communication, organisation and computer skills
Desirable: Certificate IV Leisure and Health (or equivalent)
Desirable: Certificate III In Aged Care (or equivalent)
Contact Person Daniella Bell
Contact Number (03) 5362 3438
Contact Email [email protected]
Closing Date 01/06/2022
Position Description Leisure and Lifestyle Assistant 0620.docx