Medical Officer – Hospital In The Home (HITH)
Fixed Term Full Time
(76 hrs per fortnight)
The Hospital In The Home (HITH) Medical Officer will provide high quality clinical care to the patients admitted to the HITH service of WHCG. The successful applicant will collaborate and consult with clinicians in various departments and services, including emergency, short and long stay wards, day procedure, pre-admissions, oncology and admissions and inpatient services to help facilitate redirection of appropriate patient to HITH.
Hospital In The Home (HITH) is an acute hospital admission substitution program with the purpose of reducing in-hospital length of stay and preventing hospital bed admissions.
The city of Horsham has a population of 19,500 and is a 300 kms from Melbourne on the Western Highway and 400kms to Adelaide. It is a well serviced city with diverse education and businesses, positioned at the northern end of the Grampians National Park, nearby lakes and world famous rock-climbing areas as well as being a wine and food hub.
The Health Service
Wimmera Health Care Group has an average of 325 births per year, 12,500 admissions and 4,600 operations and 16,000 ED attendances annually. We have a modern theatre complex, including a day procedure unit, a five-bed intensive care unit, and acute and subacute wards all set within a picturesque garden setting.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Current full general medical registration with AHPRA
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an Australian health service
- Relevant clinical experience and clinical competence required for level of position
- Demonstrated ability to practice collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team
- Effective organisational, time management and delegation skills
- Displays and expresses a high level of ethics in regards to patients, colleagues and the organisation
- Demonstrated problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and support rationale, clearly communicate decisions to relevant parties
- Analyses own performance in accordance with position expectations
- Demonstrated research skills
- Knowledge of health issues in relation to Wimmera Health Care Group catchments
Attractive benefits offered by the organisation include:
- Salary packaging,
- Professional development and education programs,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Comprehensive orientation program.
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
- Flexible rostering
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free parking
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse clinical environment and join a reputable rural health service dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position view the Position Description and/or contact the person indicated below. Further information on Wimmera Health Care Group can be found on our website or Facebook page.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit by the Closing Date.
Wimmera Health Care Group (WHCG) is committed to equal employment opportunity and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability.
WHCG encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment checks: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check and Victorian Employee Working with Children check prior to commencement of employment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including immunisation clearance.
Wimmera Health Care Group, proudly part of Grampians Health.
Contact Person Tania McKenzie
Contact Number (03) 5381 9082
Closing Date 31/12/2021
Position Description Medical Officer HITH PD 1221.pdf