Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Officer
Occupational Health & Safety
Admin Grade 1 – 3 (HS1 – HS3)
Permanent Full Time
(80 hrs per fortnight) with ADO
We are seeking a motivated Occupational Health & Safety Officer to join our dedicated team. This permanent full time position is available from April 2022 and includes working Monday to Friday. This role involves assisting the OH&S Manager in delivering and maintaining a safe workplace by implementing Grampians Health – Horsham & Dimboola Campuses OH&S Management Plan. The successful applicant will promote a positive safety culture that ensures health and safety risks are proactively managed through effective systems and processes.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation in a consultative manner to achieve agreed objectives
- Highly proficient computer skills, including Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise competing workload
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Relevant qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety or similar discipline
- Experience in Return to Work processes and management
- Experience in OH&S and emergency management including risk assessments, and workplace OH&S inspections / audits, ideally in a health setting
- Demonstrated change management skills with demonstrated ability to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate programs and strategies
- Working knowledge of the OHS Act 2004, related legislation, regulations, codes of practice and standards
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
Attractive benefits offered by the organisation include:
- Salary packaging,
- Professional development and education programs,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Comprehensive orientation program.
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
- Flexible rostering
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free parking
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse environment and join a reputable rural health service that is now a part of Grampians Health, dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position please view the Position Description and/or contact the responsible person indicated below. Further information on Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) can be found on our website or Facebook page.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit by the Closing Date.
Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) is committed to equal employment opportunity and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability.
Grampians Health encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment checks: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check and Victorian Employee Working with Children check prior to commencement of employment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including immunisation clearance.
Horsham & Dimboola Campuses, proudly part of Grampians Health.
Contact Person Matthew Mellington
Contact Number (03) 5381 9144
Closing Date 20/06/2022
Position Description OHS Officer 0322.pdf