RN Clinical Consultant A – B (ZF4 – ZJ4)
Permanent Part Time
(48 – 64 hours per fortnight)
We are seeking applications from experienced Registered Nurses to join our professional team as the Stroke Co-ordinator. This permanent part time position is available for an immediate start, and involves working Monday to Friday. This primary purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive care for our patients, advising and directing the nursing division in nursing practice related to acute and subacute patients, including stroke patients. The successful applicant will support the stroke program to ensure that highly effective stroke unit standards and co-ordinated care is provided in accordance with Acute Stroke Service framework and rehabilitation guidelines. Please indicate in your application how many hours you’re interested in.
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary nursing theory and practice in relation to the care of stroke patients and commitment to continuing professional development and continuous improvement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with consumers and their carers
- Strong problem solving, time management and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and independently
- Demonstrated ability for clear and analytical thinking
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications
- Data collection experience
- Experience in developing, delivering or co-ordinating education programs for health care professionals in a clinical environment
- Demonstrated ability to interpret research and report findings
Attractive benefits offered by the organisation include:
- Salary packaging,
- Professional development and education programs,
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Comprehensive orientation program.
- Accrued Day Off (full time employees only)
- Flexible rostering
- Opportunities for career progression
- Free parking
This is a great opportunity to work in a diverse environment and join a reputable rural health service that is now a part of Grampians Health, dedicated to the provision of quality patient centred care and to meet the needs of the community.
For more information about this position please view the Position Description and/or contact the responsible person indicated below. Further information on Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) can be found on our website or Facebook page.
Applications must be submitted online via e-recruit by the Closing Date.
Grampians Health (Horsham & Dimboola) is committed to equal employment opportunity and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability.
Grampians Health encourages applications from people from culturally and / or linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We aim to provide a safe environment for our staff, patients, residents and clients which includes supporting and responding to disclosures of family violence issues.
Pre-employment checks: All applicants must be willing to undertake a national police check and Victorian Employee Working with Children check prior to commencement of employment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks including immunisation clearance.
Horsham & Dimboola Campuses, proudly part of Grampians Health.
Selection Criteria Essential: Do you have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience, with demonstrated knowledge and skills in the provision of high quality for Older Persons, complex and chronic medical conditions, and stroke care?
Contact Person Katie Walsgott
Contact Number (03) 5362 3479
Alternate Contact Person Deidre Rennick
Alternate Contact Number (03) 5362 3472
Closing Date 24/05/2022
Position Description Stroke Coordinator 0322.pdf