Cancer Supportive Care Coordinator
Fixed Term (3 years); Part-Time (36-48 hours per fortnight)
Looking for that lifestyle change or something a little different? Stawell, the gateway to the Grampians showcases the exceptional natural environment, an enviable climate and a choice of lifestyle such as bush walking, rock climbing, cycling, fresh air in the great outdoors, local wineries and a great local community.
Stawell Regional Health (SRH) – proudly part of Grampians Health has been providing quality health care to families in the Stawell District and beyond for more than 150 years. Stawell Regional Health is a fully accredited 70 bed health service located in the City of Stawell (population 7,000), in Western Victoria delivering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, aged care and services.
This is a great opportunity to balance your career and lifestyle. Follow this to discover what the region has to offer.
The Health Service:
Grampians Health (GH) was established on 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope & District Memorial Hospital (EDMH), Stawell Regional Health (SRH), Wimmera Health Care Group (WHCG) and Ballarat Health Services (BHS) to provide high quality and accessible health care services in each of the communities we serve.
We believe our communities deserve safe, sustainable healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term. Together we are working to find a better way to deliver:
- improved quality and utilisation of services
- increased long term sustainability across all services
- improved opportunities for recruiting, developing and retaining health workforces
- higher quality care, safer practices and better systems, and
- further community trust and engagement in local health services.
In this role you will be coordinating the supportive care needs of our patients and their families/carers, affected by a cancer diagnosis.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Day Oncology, you will be responsible for leading the supportive care program by:
1) Identifying the supportive care needs of our patients and working with them to develop their supportive care plan
2) Providing education and support for patients and their families throughout the cancer continuum
3) Assisting patients to allay anxiety and promoting emotional, physical, and psychosocial wellbeing
4) Facilitating referrals to appropriate services as required and helping patients navigate their cancer experience
5) Maintaining a focus on the quality improvement of the supportive care program
You are a registered nurse (division 1 or 2) with a broad understanding of the supportive care needs of patients across their cancer experience.
Your compassion for your patients coupled with your knowledge of the health and social systems assists your patients seamlessly access the supports and services to meet their holistic needs.
You are hardworking, have a can-do attitude, and work well within a high performing team.
We Can Offer You:
- An opportunity to work in dynamic and innovative new health services that values safe, quality and client centered care where your contributions will be highly valued and your growth and development as a leader will be prioritised.
- An opportunity to drive the development of a high quality, evidence-based supportive care service for our patients.
- Access to ongoing professional development opportunities and supervision
- Opportunities to lead quality projects and research
- Working in close proximity to the Grampians National Park and within the Grampians wine region.
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits.
- Accommodation through the transition period if required.
Applying for the Role:
- Enquiries can be made to Rhys Duncan – Director Primary & Community Care on (03) 5358 8506
- Online applications are to be submitted via the website link
- In order to be considered for this position you will be required to attach a current resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria
Applications Close 21st August 2022
Visit us at
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check, Working With Children Check & Immunisation Clearance.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for healthcare workers in Victoria, and as such, all employees at Grampians Health. All employees must be willing able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependant.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual (or allies) LGBTQIA+