We have implemented a flexible approach to working arrangements and locations that operates on the Microsoft Platform and, where possible, we are upgrading our systems to be cloud-based. This improves efficiency and equips our employees to undertake their roles effectively and efficiently whether they are working in the office or in other locations
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
Covid-19 Vaccination Status
It is a requirement for all local government employees in Victoria to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and evidence must be provided by the preferred candidate prior to an offer of employment.
About this role
This position provides customer and administrative support at the Stawell Sports and Aquatics Centre, as well as undertaking lifeguard and swim teacher duties.
- Ensure Council’s Service Standards are met, customer requests are handled efficiently in a knowledgeable, confidential and timely manner through positive customer engagement and professional conduct with patrons and user groups.
- Provide customer and administrative services, including centre booking allocations, accounts payable and receivable functions, and stock and quality control of kiosk merchandise.
- Plan, prepare and safely conduct swimming lessons to Swim and Survive standard, using a variety of instructional methods and styles, including assessment and reporting on participant readiness, progression and/or level attainment.
- Undertake supervision of pool patrons and user groups to ensure water safety in accordance with centre policies and procedures, Royal Life Saving Society Australia (RLSSA) guidelines for safe pool operation and industry standards and practices
- Provide information for Council’s website, social media and other promotional material.
- Assist the Coordinator SSAC with preparation and control of budgets through appropriate monitoring, measuring and reporting processes.
- Model Council values and be an integral member of the leisure services team including participating in team projects, process mapping and review, and proactively responding to customer requests.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- A proven ability to plan and organise work to meet quality standards and manage constant requests for information or action from customers.
- Certificate or Diploma qualification in administration or business, or some experience in administration and customer service roles.
- Current qualifications and certification required to undertake lifeguard and swim teacher activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and positively contribute to the team.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you’d like to know more contact Samantha Winter, Coordinator Stawell Sports and Aquatics Centre at [email protected] or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 4 July 2022
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer