Manager of Oncology
Ongoing Full Time
Looking for that lifestyle change or something a little different? Stawell, the gateway to the Grampians showcases the exceptional natural environment, an enviable climate and a choice of lifestyle such as bush walking, rock climbing, cycling, fresh air in the great outdoors, local wineries and a great local community.
Stawell Regional Health (SRH) – proudly part of Grampians Health has been providing quality health care to families in the Stawell District and beyond for more than 150 years. Stawell Regional Health is a fully accredited 70 bed health service located in the City of Stawell (population 7,000), in Western Victoria delivering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, aged care and services.
This is a great opportunity to balance your career and lifestyle. Follow this to discover what the region has to offer.
Stawell Regional Health – proudly part of Grampians Health.
Grampians Health was established on 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope & District Memorial Hospital (EDMH), Stawell Regional Health (SRH), Wimmera Health Care Group (WHCG) and Ballarat Health Services (BHS) to provide high quality and accessible health care services in each of the communities we serve.
We believe our communities deserve safe, sustainable healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term. Together we are working to find a better way to deliver:
- Improved quality and utilisation of services
- Increased long term sustainability across all services
- Improved opportunities for recruiting, developing and retaining health workforces
- Higher quality care, safer practices and better systems, and further community trust and engagement in local health services
Reporting through to the Director of Primary and Community Care, and working collaboratively with the broader Grampians Health oncology leaders, the Manager of Oncology role is accountable for providing excellence in patient care, positive leadership and resource management in a safe and supportive working environment of Oncology services including:
- Day Oncology
- Cancer supportive care
- Oncology outpatient clinic
The service provides day oncology to the Grampians community via 11 dedicated chairs across 4 days per week, offers a cancer supportive care program, and supports the delivery of other medical day procedures.
You are a high performing and dynamic leader with a passion for cancer care.
Your clinical acumen coupled with your leadership skills creates a culture of high team performance to deliver safe, quality and effective services to your patients and their families.
You operate with a high level of accountability, have a strong work ethic, and build high performing teams.
What we can offer:
- An opportunity to work within an exciting new health service with a culture that prioritizes patient centered care and the growth and development of our workforce
- Access to clinical supervision and professional development support
- Proximity to Grampians national park and wine region
- An opportunity to participate in the growth of regional cancer care, including innovative models such as home-based cancer care.
- Transition assistance including accommodation through the interim period.
Applying for the role:
- Enquiries can be made to Rhys Duncan – Director of Primary and Community Care on (03) 5358 8506
- Online applications are preferred via the website link
- In order to be considered for this position you will be required to attach a current resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria
Applications Close 21st August 2022
Visit us at
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check, Working With Children Check & Immunisation Clearance.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a mandatory requirement for healthcare workers in Victoria, and as such, all employees at Grampians Health. All employees must be willing able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependant.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual (or allies) LGBTQIA+